Granbury Cultural Arts Commission Ordinance No. 2018
(Click Link Above to Read)
Benefits of a Cultural District Designation
- Cultural district development is one strategy that helps a community boost their economies while realizing other cultural and civic benefits.
- Outcomes of cultural districts extend beyond the arts and benefit all members of a community.
- Attracts artists and cultural enterprises to the community.
- Encourages business and job development.
- Addresses specific needs of a community.
- Establishes tourism destinations.
- Fosters local cultural development.
- Enhances property values.
The Creative Industries in Hood County, TX
- 114 Arts-Related Businesses Employ 233 People
- The creative industries account for 3.3 percent of the total number of businesses located in Hood County, TX and 1.2 percent of the people they employ.
- Nationally, 673,656 businesses are involved in the creation or distribution of the arts, and they employ 3.48 million people.
- This represents 4.0 percent of all U.S. businesses and 2.0 percent of all U.S. employees. The source for these data is Dun & Bradstreet. These data are current as of April 2017.